13 Hormone & Thyroid Benefits of Soy
Soy has been vilified and blamed for causing hormone imbalances, thyroid issues, feminizing men, and even giving them “man boobs.” However, the opposite is true…
Soy is protective against various cancers, it helps to rid the body of excess estrogen and even lower cholesterol.
In today’s episode of the Health Wizard podcast, I will give you 13 reasons to embrace soy, and show how it measures against other foods rich in phytoestrogen.
You will also learn about the best and worst supplements derived from soy, and the reasons why those who vilify soy got it all wrong.
For a full transcript of the 13 Hormone & Thyroid Benefits of Soy CLICK HERE.
Once you’re done listening and you would like to start on your hormone & thyroid healing journey, schedule your complimentary 15-minute health clarity call to see how we can help.
Don’t waste any more of your time on efforts that already failed your health! Schedule your complimentary HEALTH CLARITY CALL WITH US NOW! Let’s strategize your health plan, so you can go back to living to the fullest and enjoying your health!
(8) http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/10/1/25.short Berrino F, Bellau C, Secreto G et al. “Reducing Bioavailable Sex Hormones through a Comprehensive Change in Diet: the Diet and Androgens (DIANA) Randomized Trial.” Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev January 2001 10; 25
(9) Wu AH, Yu MC, Tseng CC, Pike MC. Epidemiology of soy exposures and breast cancer risk. Br J Cancer 2008;98:9-14; http://www.apocpcontrol.org/paper_file/issue_abs/Volume12_No11/2837-40%20c10.4%20Yan-yun%20Zhu.pdf
(10) Shu XO, Zheng Y, Cai H, et al. Soy food intake and breast cancer survival. JAMA. 2009;302:2437-2443 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19996398
(11) Nagata C, Takatsuka N, Kawakami N, Shimizu H. Soy product intake and premenopausal hysterectomy in a follow-up study of Japanese women. Eur J Clin Nutr 2001:55:773-7 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11528492?dopt=Abstract
(12) Hamilton-Reeves JM, Vazquez G, Duval SJ, Phipps WR, Kurzer MS, Messina MJ. Clinical studies show no effects of soy protein or isoflavones on reproductive hormones in men: results of a meta-analysis. Fertil Steril. June 11, 2009. DOI:10.1016/j.fertnstert.2009.04.038
(13) Yan L, Spitznagel EL. Soy consumption and prostate cancer risk in men: a revisit of a meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;89:1155-1163
(14) Messina M, Redmond G. Effects of soy protein and soybean isoflavones on thyroid function in healthy adults and hypothyroid patients: a review of the relevant literature. Thyroid 2006;16:249-58. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3135991/
(15) Divi RL, Chang HC, Doerge DR. Anti-thyroid isoflavones from soybean: isolation, characterization, and mechanisms of action. Biochem Pharmacol 1997;54:1087-96.
(16) Messina M. Soybean isoflavone exposure does not have feminizing effects on men: a critical examination of the clinical evidence. Fertil Steril. 2010 May 1;93(7):2095-104. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2010.03.002. Epub 2010 Apr 8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
(17) Nagata C, Takatsuka N, Kurisu Y, Shimizu H. Decreased serum total cholesterol concentration is associated with high intake of soy products in Japanese men and women. J Nutr. 1998 Feb;128(2):209-13 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9446845
(18) Lu LJ, Anderson KE, Grady JJ, Nagamani M. Effects of an isoflavone-free soy diet on ovarian hormones in premenopausal women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Jul;86(7):3045-52. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11443166
(19) Wu, AH, et al, “Dietary patterns and breast cancer risk in Asian-American women.” Am J Clin Nutr 2009;89:1145-1154 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19211822
(20) Myung, S-K et al. “Soy intake and risk of endocrine-related gynaecological cancer: A meta-analysis.” BJOG December 2009;116:1697 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19775307
(21) S.-A. Lee, X.-O. Shu, H. Li, G. Yang, H. Cai, W. Wen, B.-T. Ji, J. Gao, Y.-T. Gao, W. Zheng “Adolescent and adult soy food intake and breast cancer risk: results from the Shanghai Women’s Health Study” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition June 2009, Volume 89, Number 6, Pages 1920-1926, doi:10.3945/ajcn.2008.27361 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19403632
(22) Petrakis NL Stimulatory influence of soy protein isolate on breast secretion in pre- and postmenopausal women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 1996 Oct;5(10):785-94. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8896889
(23) Seppen J. A diet containing the soy phytoestrogen genistein causes infertility in female rats partially deficient in UDP glucuronyltransferase. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012 Nov 1;264(3):335-42. doi: 10.1016/j.taap.2012.09.013. Epub 2012 Sep 20. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23000043
(24) Levis S, Strickman-Stein P, Ganjei-Azar P et al. “Soy Isoflavones in the Prevention of Menopausal Bone Loss and Menopausal Symptoms: A Randomized, Double-blind Trial” Archives of Internal Medicine Volume 171, Issue 15, Pages1363-1369, doi:10.1001/archinternmed.2011.330 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21824950
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways we can help you toward the health you desire:
1. Work with me privately: If you’d like to work directly with me and my team toward eliminating your hormone imbalance symptoms completely, click this link to your SCHEDULE FREE HEALTH CLARITY CALL, pick the time, and in the appointment form tell me a little about your current situation and what you’d like to work on together, and then we will see you on the call.
2. Join the 360° Life App and connect with others who are working on resolving their hormone imbalance symptoms too. It’s our private premium health community where smart people learn the best ways to start their healing process — CLICK HERE
3. Get the 60 Minute Crash Course: I'm getting a few women together this week to map out a simple plan so they can break through the confusion and information overload about their hormone health and learn how they can start resolving their symptoms naturally. — CLICK HERE for details, and register if it looks useful to you.
FIND OUT IF 360° IMPACT HEALTH IS RIGHT FOR YOU
to achieve your health and wellness goals and to finally stop your suffering