HORMONE HEALTH RESOURCES
How Complaining Creates Hormone Imbalances
Did you know that complaining and negative thinking can lead you to develop a hormone imbalance, thyroid disorders, autoimmune conditions, and even increased risk of heart disease, obesity, and diabetes?
While it’s easy to be duped into thinking that you must get hooked on prescription drugs, supplements and a crazy way of eating to get well, the first step to reversing conditions, such as hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, hyperthyroidism, Grave’s, PCOS, endometriosis and the likes of them is…
HEALTH RULE #1 – Stop Complaining!
Here is what happens when you complain.
A negative mind is a fertile breeding ground for stress, and stress is the root cause of over 95% chronic health conditions.
When you complain, your body releases the stress hormone cortisol. The extra cortisol…
- Impairs your immune system, which can lead to the development of autoimmune conditions
- Weakens bone density
- Makes you more susceptible to developing elevated blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, and obesity
- Interference with learning and memory
- It makes the brain more vulnerable to strokes
- Increases risk of depression, mental illness, and a lower life expectancy, and…
When cortisol levels are elevated, your body in full fight or flight mode, which means all of your normal hormone production is impeded. It’s hanging in the balance, waiting for you to shut up and start being grateful, so that it can go back to repairing and healing yourself.
When you complain, you physically alter your brain structure.
Donald Hebb, an early pioneer of neuroplasticity and neuropsychology, said:
“Neurons that fire together, wire together.”
Here is what he meant by that…
Your thoughts, the more they fire, the more they will connect they synapses. This will physically reshape your brain, and thus change a physical construct of reality.
The synapses you’ve most strongly bonded together (by thinking about more specific things frequently) come to represent your default personality: your intelligence, skills, attitudes, and most easily accessible thoughts. They also shape your reality and your health.
If you create a personality of a complainer – you are doomed! Five minutes of positive pep talk won’t help you alter your reality in a positive direction!
Dr. Rick Hanson, a neuroscientist, said:
“Negative stimuli produce more neural activity than do equally intensive positive ones.”
Complaining (stress) may even be as addictive as drugs. In other words, the more you complain, the more you get hooked!
When you complain you produce hormones of stress. When you stress you release chemicals in your body. In addition to the hormones cortisol, adrenaline and noradrenaline, stress also releases dopamine, a “feel good” chemical. Dopamine encourages repeat behaviors by activating the reward center in our brain. In other words…
As much as you think you hate being sick, if being sick is the only thing you think and talk about, without taking positive action, you get addicted to the state of being and subconsciously drive yourself to being around people that will reinforce negative behavior so you can get another shot of dopamine. It’s no wonder that “support” groups where sharing of negative emotions and struggles is encouraged, are the ones with the highest activity level.
There is good news!
With proper support and retraining, you CAN create a healing habit of positive thinking and gratitude.
“Thought changes structure…I saw people rewire their brains with their thoughts, to cure previously incurable obsessions and trauma,”Norman Doidge, psychiatrist and author of The Brain That Changes Itself said.
The brain is resilient and adaptable. The same way you condition your brain to complain and elevate stress, you can condition yourself with positive thinking and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer.
If you ask graduates of my program, 360 Impact Health, they attribute most of their success to the shift in thinking!
By being mindful of your thoughts, by expressing gratitude and appreciation for those around you, for what you already have and desire to have, by learning to see what is offered rather than what is missing, you can teach yourself to engage with the world in a new and positive way.
You can rewire your brain!
You can stop releasing dangerous levels of stress hormones, and allow your body to rebalance itself.
You can create a new reality!
So, HEALTH RULE #1 – Stop Complaining!
Stop participating in complaining. Stop permitting complaining. Leave any company (physical or digital) of those who encourage this behavior. Surround yourself with people, books, and training that will help you create new habits of gratitude, positivity, expectation, and appreciation. And if you are afraid of slipping up, get yourself an accountability partner or a coach, who will hold your hand as you get stronger in your newfound identity.
When you do this – you will be leap years ahead of those who look for the next hit of their complaining-induced addiction.
Are you ready to take action? What will be the first step you take toward creating your new health-inducing gratitude habit? Leave a comment to let me know.
PS: if you would like to join an online community of women who focus on solutions rather than complaining to address their hormone imbalance symptoms, join us at www.360impacthealth.com/group
P.S. Whenever you’re ready... here are 3 ways we can help you toward the health you desire :
1. Join HEALTHY HORMONES NATURALLY and connect with others who are working on resolving their hormone imbalance symptoms too. It’s our free Facebook community where smart people learn the best ways to start their healing process — CLICK HERE
2. Get the 60 Minute Crash Course: I'm getting a few women together this week to map out a simple plan so they can break through the confusion and information overload about their hormone health and learn how they can start resolving their symptoms naturally. — CLICK HERE for details, and register if it looks useful to you.
3. Work with me and my team privately: If you’d like to work directly with me and my team toward eliminating your hormone imbalance symptoms completely...click on the SCHEDULE FREE HEALTH CLARITY CALL button below, pick the time, and in the appointment form tell me a little about your current situation and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!
FIND OUT IF 360° IMPACT HEALTH IS RIGHT FOR YOU
...to achieve your health and wellness goals and to finally stop your suffering