Dangers of Hormone Replacement Therapies
Hormone replacement therapy drugs are a multi-billion dollar industry.
Millions of women and men opt into HRT, whether pharmaceutical or bio-identical, each year in hopes of reviving their libido, reducing menopausal symptoms, or as a means to address numerous hormone imbalances.
In fact, there was a time in my life, after I eliminated hypothyroidism in myself, but still suffered from pituitary tumor symptoms and could not get pregnant, that I tried both—the prescription and bio-identical, compounded hormones.
On both, the symptoms were devastating. I did not feel an ounce better! I felt much worse.
Medications pushed my thyroid to underperform, I was swollen, I could not sleep or breath.
The bio-identical progesterone lozenges I was taking, were not much better. The dosage that my ND prescribed to me, if I took it all at ones, within minutes made me feel dizzy, unable to concentrate or to function. I remember sitting by my computer, staring into space, holding up my head with my hands, because that’s all I could do to keep myself from falling over, curling into a ball and praying to be gone from this world.
I got off both, and finally found my natural to deal with it all…once and for all.
But millions of women and men, go through same, or even worse side effects daily without finding their solution.
Few, however, know the risk they are taking by adding HRT to their regimen.
While numerous studies have shown that hormone replacement therapy is not only a bad but a risky health choice, doctors often fail to tell their patients the whole truth, dispensing HRT drugs freely. Only few will warn their patients about possible side effects and recommend a low dose, short exposure to HRT.
However, the studies show that even a short-term exposure to hormone replacement therapy can be very dangerous.
Today you will learn about the possible risks you might be facing the moment you agree to HRT, whether of pharmaceutical or bio-identical grade.
If you are on HRT or are considering it, share your thoughts and questions in the comments below.
1. Virginia A. Moyer, MD, MPH; and on behalf of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force “Menopausal Hormone Therapy for the Primary Prevention of Chronic Conditions: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation.” Ann Intern Med. 23 October 2012 Menopausal Hormone Therapy for the Primary Prevention of Chronic Conditions http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/uspspmho.htm
2. Tucker, Miriam E. “Use of Unapproved Menopausal Hormone Therapy Skyrocket.” Gaylord National Convention Center, Washington, District of Columbia. North American Menopause Society (NAMS) 2014 Annual Meeting: Abstracts P-79 and P-89. Presented October 16, 2014. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/833374?src=wnl_edit_medn_wir&uac=5312MY&spon=34#vp_2
4. Beral V, Reeves G, Bill D et al. “Breast Cancer Risk in Relation to the Interval Between Menopause and Starting Hormone Therapy” Natl Cancer Inst Advance Access doi 10.1093/jnci/djq/527
P.S. Whenever you’re ready... here are 3 ways we can help you toward the health you desire :
1. Join 360° Life App and connect with others who are working on resolving their hormone imbalance symptoms too. It’s our private premium health community where smart people learn the best ways to start their healing process — CLICK HERE
2. Get the 60 Minute Crash Course: I'm getting a few women together this week to map out a simple plan so they can break through the confusion and information overload about their hormone health and learn how they can start resolving their symptoms naturally. — CLICK HERE for details, and register if it looks useful to you.
3. Work with me and my team privately: If you’d like to work directly with me and my team toward eliminating your hormone imbalance symptoms completely...click on the SCHEDULE FREE HEALTH CLARITY CALL button below, pick the time, and in the appointment form tell me a little about your current situation and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!
FIND OUT IF 360° IMPACT HEALTH IS RIGHT FOR YOU
...to achieve your health and wellness goals and to finally stop your suffering